For many people, getting rid of excess fat can be a lifelong battle. Whether it is undesirable love handles, excess fat around the knees, flabby upper arms or facial pockets of fat, it can be difficult to be reduced and sometimes diet and exercise are not enough to make a
Cryoliposculpt procedure is opening the door for more people who are not candidates for liposuction to remove stubborn fat, safely and effectively.
Cryoliposculpt procedure is the controlled application of toning pulses and ice cold temperature combined with constant vacuum, to a particular target area for a defined length of time, that causes the fat cells to break and crystallize, resulting in a reduction of body fat and in skin tightening, without damaging the surrounding tissue.
How does Cryoliposculpt work?
- 1. A protective membrane is placed on the skin.
- 2. Skin and adipose tissue are vacuumed in the applicator cavity. Up to four applicators can be used to treat four areas simultaneously.
The tissue is kept in place between two plates and isolated from the rest of tissue.
- 3. The vacuum effect increases the blood flow to the target area.
- 4. The skin tissue in contact with the cooling plates gets its fat cells frozen while the skin is toned thanks to the simultaneous emission of pulses that cause electrical nerve stimulation.
- 5. Depending on whether we are working on facial or body fat, the treatment time for a single treated area can take from 10 to 60 minutes to achieve fat cells apoptosis (death).
When the treatment is terminated, the affected fatty tissue is gradually disposed off through the natural new metabolic process. Clinical evidences showed a single session is able to reduce an average of 20-30% of treated fat. Initial results are visible after about 45 days. For more evident results, 8 weeks to 6 months may be necessary.